Sunday, June 6, 2010

When it rains, it pours.

There's a fabulous thunder storm roaring outside. An entire orchestra is playing. But this piece is all about percussion, complete with gongs. I love it. I heard the rumbling start earlier today so I scrambled out the door with my sneakers and ipod to get in a quick run. And I have to say, a mean dark cloud that spits on you makes for one motivational running coach. Also my new running path helps. I discovered a beautiful path just behind my apartment. Sidwalks and all. It's fantastic. Now I don't have to run in circles or be chased by cars.



These guys joined me for a while the other day.


Man, it's really pouring out there now. Crazy, as just yesterday I was toasting myself beside this lake.



Jacqueline (my flatmate), Adda (intern at ENSP and CAP graduate) and I went to la barrage for the afternoon. Jacqueline went for a short walk, which for a Swiss woman is only a mere three hours. Adda and I relaxed with the dogs and kids in the shade. I SO wanted to take this guy home with me. I can't wait to adopt a dog someday.


Anyway. Enough rambling. I'm gonna go wake up Nate. But I'll be back later with food pics.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Beautiful photos of your running route! The countryside is breathtaking!