Saturday, March 20, 2010

Parlez vous anglais?

So it's time to blog again. I can't promise I'll be better this time, so I won't. I hate to disappoint anyone, mostly myself. So I'll just leave it that I'll do my best to be a better, more consistent blogger. Okay? Although, I don't think it'll be an issue as I am very excited to share my new journey with whomever would like to listen.

I've had my fix of third world countries for a while, and my time in Australia has come to a close. It's time for something completely new. I've packed up my life in Bondi (it's amazing how much one can acquire in just two years), dropped some of it in LA with my sister, and brought only the essentials with me to Boston, where I'm shacked up with the boyfriend for a month or so. Then in just a few weeks I'm off to France where I'll be throwing myself into a new country, a new language, and a new industry. I'll either sink or swim as I explore and learn the art of French pastry.

As of April 9th, I'll be living in Yssingeaux France and studying the art of French pastry at L'Ecole Nationale Supérieure de la Pâtisserie. No, I'm not leaving advertising forever. I'm simply taking a break. I'm taking the opportunity to explore something new. I'm learning a new skill. I'm exploring a different way of life. I'm taking a hobby to the next level. I'm challenging myself. People keep asking me why I'm doing this and there are several reasons. But the most obvious reason is, why the hell not?

So follow along if you like. I'll be rambling on as try out a new identity. Jacqueline Lee, Étudiant de la Pâtisserie. (Don't worry, I'll be taking French classes too.)

No comments: