Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Not your average Peep.

Easter came, and Nate and I were prepared with three dozen new born chicks. I'm not sure my French pastry instructors would be impressed, but we were very pleased. And we ended up being a pretty good team in the kitchen. This was a nice surprise, as we both like to be in charge. But all went well, including a little friendly competition when the art director in both of us came out.

All but three of the little guys have been spoken for. And I can honestly say that I didn't eat even one. At least not a fully assembled one anyway. I'm sure I ate a few throughout the process. But when they finally took shape, I had no interest in eating one. I couldn't get excited. Not when I personally added EIGHT sticks of butter to the frosting alone. Hopefully the same phenomenon will hold true in pastry school.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I love them! But how are you going to make good pastry if you don't taste?

Anonymous said...

pooks, you rock! and clearly passed the pretest with flying colors, or should i say coconut...

Anonymous said...

Damn writers trying to art direct :) They look awesome, pastry school here you come. Go Jack!