Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Contacts help me see clearly.

So the other day I was in Kaikoura. It's a coastal town on the east coast of the south island. Beautiful. The place I was staying was right on the water. Again, amazing. I had an ocean view with a giant snow-caped mountain behind it. (I was on a bay). So as I was getting ready for bed that night my roommate, a lovely girl from Madrid, suggested I get up early to see the sun rise. She said it was absolutely magnificent. It sounded like a good idea to me so I set my alarm. When the alarm went off the next morning I sat up in bed and looked out the picture window to the water. The sunrise was amazing. Pinks and oranges flooded the entire bay. I squinted to the bright light. I was in awe. Just then, the light went out. Apparently, without my contacts I somehow mistook a streetlight for the sun. Yes, I'm blind. I laughed and said out loud, "wow, that's funny," and went back to sleep.

No comments: