Saturday, September 4, 2010

Balloon intermission and some great news.


There was a hot air balloon race in Yssingeaux last week. I'm not sure how many contestants participated, but the sky was full. Also, I'm curious as to how one wins a balloon race. They don't seem like a particularly speedy method of travel to me. But they sure are pretty.




Now for the news. You can all stretch out your cramped fingers and toes because I secured a place to live in Strasbourg! I'm seriously overwhelmed by the kindness of friends and soon to be friends. I will be living in an apartment all by myself just a four minute walk from the bakery. It couldn't be more perfect. It belongs to a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of mine. The owner will be studying sign language in the Alps for 6 weeks (why not?) and is trusting me to take care of his place. I just hope he doesn't have plants. My green thumb has a terribly high mortality rate.

Anyway. I can't wait to get to Strasbourg. I owe a huge thanks to Jeff and his wonderful friends for helping me out. Thank you!

No comments: