Monday, September 13, 2010

Wish I ate hamburgers.

I've been scouring Strasbourg for free wifi and my best bet is McDonalds. But the only thing I eat here is ice-cream and coffee. After coming off a pastry binge the last few weeks, I opted for a coffee. However, given that I start work tomorrow at 6 am, maybe I should have ordered ice-cream. Oh well. I'll only drink half.

So. So far so good. I love love love Strasbourg. And my living situation is a dream come true. All except the lack of wifi. But that's just fine. It gives me an excuse to get out and mingle with the local teens after school. Maybe I'll pick up some slang while I take in the smell of greasy french fries. 
No. It's really great that McDonald's provides free internet, but me and my battery-sucking laptop wish they also provided sockets to recharge, too. Am I being greedy? Maybe.


So I'll have to be quick. Just an update to say all is well. My apartment is less than a 4 minute walk to work. I managed to find a few different grocery stores to feed myself, including a health food store that sells a variety of lactose-free milk. Yay! I went with a rice/hazelnut option today. It's so nice to be in a bigger city with a university. That always means a good variety of cheap tasty eats. I found a great little Greek place for lunch, on my search for the grocery store. I thought it best not to shop with my stomach screaming so loud. And there's a fantastic smelling breeze that passes by my living room window courtesy of the Indian restaurant at the end of my block. Think I'll be checking that out soon. Oh and I also found a little Armenian grocery store around the corner. Nate will have to let me know if it's any good when he gets here next month.


So that's what I'm up to. Just getting my bearings and figuring stuff out. Although I don't think I'll ever figure out how the French shower without a shower curtain. I'm not into squatting while I wash. But if I don't, I end up washing the entire bathroom. I don't know.


Okay my battery is yelling at me and I should go walk off this coffee. My goal is to be in bed by 9:00, for a 5am wake up. EVERY DAY. God help me.


Bye for now....


Oh and I'll post pictures next time.

1 comment:

julie (etsy stalkers) said...

wow...5am. you have trouble waking up by noon. good luck with that!