Friday, June 15, 2007

What could go wrong?

So I absolutely love traveling. I know this for sure. And generally when I take trips, I do a fair amount of research and planning. However, with this big trip of mine, I'm finding myself a bit overwhelmed. There's so much to think about I don't really want to think about anything. Which, on some level the thought of completely winging it sounds exciting, romantic, and extra brave of me. But the reality of just showing up in a random country with no place to sleep, sounds not so fun and a little bit stupid. I need to find a happy medium here. Some planning will be required. At least for the basic food and shelter aspects of the trip. As much as I'd like to call myself a free spirited, hippie, go-with-the-flow kind of girl, I think when it really comes down to it, I want a bed. A clean one at that.

So I guess I'll just start one country at a time. First stop is New Zealand. I need to line up the first few nights, then I'll wing it from there. Everything always works out.

No comments: