Sunday, August 1, 2010

Field trips.



My class: Aldo, Lynette, Simona, Tam, Florence, Jacqueline and me.

Okay I was lying about the sugar. I'll get to that. I didn't realize how behind I am with my posts. So let's look at the field trips and save the sweets for last.

Part of our course involves a few field trips. The flavor and color factory. Flour plant. Chocolate factory and a winery. I gotta say, I still love field trips. There's something great about getting out of your normal routine and hitting the road. And I think I really love being chauffeured around, too. Our first stop was Sevarome. Just up the street from us. This is a big factory that ships all over the world. They sell flavorings and colorings.


French technology. :)
Flavors in the mix.
French flavor maker.


This was our guide at the flour factory. And his slide show.

No pictures allowed inside the factory. All you get is me in my tour attire.

The drive to the vineyard.

Our vineyard guide.

A little morning tasting, then off to the chocolate factory.


Again, they don't like too many pictures taken inside. Something about special recipes and secret procedures. But I sneaked a few. These are bags of cacao beans from all over the world. That's their secret. Blending beans from all over.

Here's one from Ghana.


Here's the Tour de France in chocolate.


Complete with security.

No comments: