Sunday, August 29, 2010

Two weeks to go....

Sorry I've been MIA. The wonderful internet in my apartment has been down for over a week. So annoying. But maybe it's for the best, as there's been a lot going on. I'm going to make this one quick too. Just a little update as I'm borrowing internet from the school lobby.

So we got our marks from presentation day and I received 20 out of 20! Yay! I knew the slides would distract them. We also had our third exam blanc, which was even harder than previous ones. When I have more bandwidth at my disposal, I'll share the pics. It'll be exam 3 and 4, as this Wednesday and Thursday is our 4th blanc exam. This one will be most like the final. Two days. The first dedicated to all things pastry and flour. The second for ice cream and chocolate. Chef says that since we'll have more time, we'll also have more stuff to do. God help us. It's a serious push to get everything done as it is. And presentation will count for more this time too. There's a rumor that we'll have to present 8 different plates, in addition to the big desserts. I'll let you know how it goes. Then Friday is the final techno test. I need to be studying for this right now. There's a lot to memorize. Chef is a big fan of charts with numbers. Unfortunately, my brain isn't so into it. Again, I'll let you know how it goes.

In other news, I have received some exciting news about possible accommodation in Strasbourg. Please cross all fingers and toes that it works out. I would LOVE to have that off my list of worries.

So that's about it. It's crunch time now. I really can't believe I've been here for 5 months. And I can't even imagine that I'll be working in a REAL pastry shop in just 3 weeks!

Okay time to hit the books. Really sorry for the lack of pics. I'll fill the next post with food, promise.

À bientôt!

No comments: