Sunday, August 22, 2010

Food TV Debut


Here it is. Presentation day. I ended up writing my speech/presso the night before. Go figure. I did my best to keep it interesting and add a bit of humor. Difficult when I'm not always entirely sure what I'm saying. But I got through it. Here are a few photos...okay maybe more than a few.

 American and a little bit Danish (explained through marzipan).


 Putting the mic on.

Florence was my assistant.

 Another one of the fantastic slides Nate made for me. I think they really helped me look more professional.

Rolling out the rings. In hind sight, I should have done all but 2 or 3 before the presentation. There were more than a few awkward pauses. I mean, there are only so many times you can ask if anyone has questions. This is where I inserted my decoration humor.

I explained that it's tradition to decorate with flags. Like this...


But flowers are very popular, too...

But if it's a wedding cake, you can't forget about the bride and groom...

And at this point, why not throw on a few firecracker decorations....


Oh la la!! Je pense que c'est trop! (Too much!!) Personally, I prefer a simple kransekage. Comme ça...



I got a few laughs. And it broke up the boring rolling section. Anyway, while it baked I made the icing.




Putting the icing in the bag.


 All baked ready to cool. (I used the blast freezer to help speed up the cool down).


 Something must have been funny.


Saying something interesting and using my hands to get the point across.


 Putting together the puzzle before I use the icing. Always a good idea, or things can get messy.


 
 Building the cake, piece by piece.


And voila! A kransekage. Again. This one was a little crooked.



But not to worry. It was gobbled up fast!

There you go. My food TV debut. As you can see, the whole thing was videotaped. I'm not looking forward to that show. Who the hell knows what I was saying. And I'm terrified it's going to end up on the school's website. Ugg. I'll let you know. And thanks again to Nate for all your help. Especially for watching me practice my speech more than once through video skype, even though you took Spanish. You're the best.

Alright. Off for walk number two today. Gotta work off the exceptionally bad consumption week I had. Damn ice-cream. It gets me every time!

Bonne journée!

No comments: